If you want your wellness program to help your participants to be healthy, happy, and active, your wellness program needs to lead by example. People need to see your wellness program as fun and lively. But how does a wellness communicator or program manager make that happen?
It’s pretty simple, really. Here are 10 easy, fun ideas to keep your wellness program’s momentum going… keep participants excited… and increase enthusiasm and involvement in your wellness program, taken from the new, free eBook, “A Champagne & Caviar Wellness Program on a Beer & Nachos Budget.”
1. Use employees for content – Use their knowledge, special talents, achievements, and life experiences to develop newsletter articles, programs, etc.
2. Make the “old” seem new again – Review what programs and communications you’ve introduced before and find ways to refresh and repurpose them.
3. Keep introducing new tools and events regularly – With many FREE available resources, introduce new ones to your audience on a weekly basis.
4. Increase the visibility of your wellness committee and invite others to join –Share your story of what wellness means to you and why it’s important in your life. Invite others to join your team and to share their stories.
5. Host a friendly, health competition– Have employees track how long they exercise every day. Give a prize to the department with the most minutes/hours after a week.
6. Designate a meditation room– Turn an empty office into a soothing room that employee can use for five- or 10-minute break to escape and recharge.
7. Throw a monthly potluck– Pick a different theme every month and have participants bring in ingredients/dishes.
8. Encourage participants to share inspirational quotes– Have a designated email address to which they can send sayings. Then, print and post them.
9. Host events outside of work– Organize a Saturday morning walk at a local park or participate in a community event as a group.
10. Ask your audience for ideas– on how to infuse your wellness program with interesting additions.
For specifics on these 10 ways to keep the motivation going or to learn more about creating an effective, affordable wellness program, download the new, free eBook, “A Champagne & Caviar Wellness Program on a Beer & Nachos Budget.”