In today’s world, if you want to reach your audience with your wellness communications, you need to take a multi-media approach and make sure you’re tapping into all delivery methods, including mobile communications.
It’s not that you should put print aside in favor of mobile. In fact that would be a bad idea. Print and electronic media, including mobile communications, can and should co-exist. Each can be used to cross promote the other.
However, focusing efforts on mobile solutions will become increasingly important as we become more and more dependent (yes, dependent) on smartphones and tablets.
According to eMarketer.com:
- Worldwide, mobile users will spend 101 billion minutes a month on apps alone.
- In the United States, users will spend another 23 billion minutes a month on the mobile web.
- 49% of mobile users simultaneously watch TV and interact with a mobile internet device every day.
You can either choose to meet would-be wellness participants with your messages where these people are or be left behind.
Simple steps to take your messages mobile:
- Survey employees to find out if they have mobile devices and whether they would appreciate getting your wellness communications via their mobile devices.
- Allow employees to opt-in to mobile communications. Gather mobile phone numbers (to send text messages) and preferred email addresses for receiving wellness communications.
- Create social-networking sites for your wellness program so your audience can learn more about your programs and share their ideas whenever or wherever they might be.
- Include Quick-Response (QR) Codes on printed materials so mobile phone users can scan and go directly to electronic messages.
- Develop wellness-related Mobile Enhanced Websites (MEWs) and mobile-friendly newsletters with the help of a communications company skilled in producing mobile solutions. MEWS and mobile-friendly newsletters are specifically formatted to display on both Android and iPhone devices.
Interested in going mobile with your wellness messages? Contact HOPE Health about our mobile solutions, including our mobile-friendly HOPE Health Letter®. Click here to view a sample of the mobile-friendly HOPE Health Letter on your desktop (it’s best viewed on a mobile device).