How can you have more programming for less? Tap into resource within your own company. Think both facilities and employees.
- Create a walking trail around your building and/or campus. Figure out the distance for one lap and encourage employees to take walks during breaks.
- Challenge employees to take the stairs. Make the area fun and interesting with humorous, inspirational, and informational signs.
- Ask employees who are fitness trainers in their spare time if they would lead lunch workouts for co-workers.
- Find cooking enthusiasts who would give healthy cooking demonstrations.
- Invite master gardeners to conduct classes on how to work out while gardening.
The new programming possibilities are endless – and almost effortless – if you’re creative and resourceful enough.
- Conduct a site survey. Go around your facility with a fresh perspective, looking for ways to use space for your wellness program. Maybe an empty office becomes a meditation room that employees can use during their breaks.
- Encourage employees to fill out an interest questionnaire so you can discover what employees like to do in their free time and what knowledge and skills they would be willing to share with others. Maybe a long-time, avid runner could hold a lunch-and-learn about buying the right running shoes.
To learn more about infusing free resources into your wellness program, check out this article, “3 Key Building Blocks to FREE Workplace Wellness Programs.”