1. Pun Challenged: 53% of employees don’t know what a pun is based on our wild guess. Hope Health’s posters use the advanced method of “intuitive pun application” (ipa). The result. Your employees can enjoy a good pun without knowing what one actually is.
2. Tweet Addicted: Nobody reads anymore. Poster captions are tweet-sized.
3. Don’t Commit – Engage: People can enjoy without any commitment. We just want to be friends, that’s all!
4. Too Busy: It’s a poster, for Pete’s sake. Put it in the bathroom. Have you ever known anyone that didn’t have time for that? Then put one by the coffee station and you’ll complete the loop.
5. Don’t Think: Each poster ingeniously includes a “well, duh” message. It’s a blinding flash of the obvious − for the oblivious.
6. Metaphor Deficient: It’s not that employees are as dumb as a box of rocks. They just need to be entertained a little. The truth? We didn’t make these posters for the Einsteins of the world.
7. Don’t Prioritize Health: We know it’s no excuse that the adult kids are in the basement, the parents are ill, and there is more month than money. Hope Health’s posters remind people why signing up for the workplace wellness program still might be a nice distraction from real stuff.
Colorful posters have been around since 1870 when the average life expectancy was about 47 years. And oh… how burdensome that added longevity has become.
Now we’re faced with the monumental task of getting people to eat less and a little better. To move more since they don’t have to go outside and work for 18 hours per day. And to get all the vaccinations and preventive tests because, well, there are vaccinations and preventive tests now.
And although the times have changed since full-color posters hit the scene in 1870s, posters still work their magic in the same way.
“They’re visually curious… intellectually absent… and unbelievably shallow.”
But laughter is still a universal language, and a path to a healthy heart and soul. We should never get so uptight that we can’t find humor in the human condition. So, let’s all share a good laugh together, at our own expense, from time to time.
You’ll find our posters are cheap (as in inexpensive). We know you’ll get what you paid for. But look at it this way. If they connect with a few people, lighten up your culture, and start to get noticed,
“…you’ll get a $7.33 return for every $1 you invested in them.”*
*OK, that one isn’t totally accurate.
But maybe management won’t ask for a 22-page ROI report on these posters since you didn’t take part of the gross national product, or float a bond offering to buy them.
Try one of our new Funny Health & Wellness posters for FREE! Hang it up at your worksite and watch your employees’ reactions! You’ll also get information on our full line of funny posters!
To get your FREE poster, CLICK HERE.
Shawn is the President and Founder of Hope Health. For over 30 years, his work has focused on bringing clear, easy-to-read, and watch health messages to the public via workplaces. He bills himself as the “Best C+ Student in the Wellness Biz” because, as he says, “I like to challenge the notion that there is no such thing as a stupid question.” Shawn is on a mission to tie workplaces into their surrounding communities to share resources and ideas in an effort to improve the health of all Americans.
You may reach Shawn at sconnors@HopeHealth.com or 800-334-4094.