Even in our electronic world, a printed wall calendar is still a go-to favorite of many, and a tried-and-true wellness program communication tool. The key is finding the right one that will be effective at promoting your wellness program efforts.
Here is a checklist of aspects to consider when evaluating wellness calendar options:
- In addition to an aesthetically pleasing photo or illustration, does the calendar provide health-related content each month? A nice image is great, but the calendar needs to provide easy-to-understand, actionable health messages, too.
- Over the 12 months, are all dimensions of wellness covered – nutrition, physical activity, physical health, emotional health, and even finances? If not, is the particular focus area one that you want to heavily focus on during the next year or one of particular interest to your wellness audience?
- Is the content medically reviewed for soundness? There is a lot of advice out there, but it’s not all grounded in science. You want to be sure you’re giving your audience accurate information.
- Are important days and holidays preprinted on the date squares?
- Are the date squares large enough for people to write on?
- Are additional, valuable resources – such as recipes or access to online tools – included with the calendar for no extra cost?
- Can you personalize the calendar for your particular group if you want? Can you determine your level of personalization — adding your company’s name, logo, and/or monthly pictures?
For more information on using a wall calendar as part of your wellness efforts, check out this article: 4 Reasons Why Wall Calendars are an Effective Wellness Communication Tool