Many companies and communities don’t include video in their communications mix for the same reason many employees ignore health, wellness, and benefits messages—the topic seems complex. But wellness committee members don’t have to be movie producers to create videos that inform employees and motivate them to take action.
The important trend: Videos are moving from neat to necessary.
As visually driven information consumers, your employees are devouring video content. A recent Nielsen report finds that frequent visitors to online video hubs have increased more than 330% since 2003.
Savvy HR and marketing departments are creating and posting videos on their intranets and Websites, realizing the content goes hand in hand with social media efforts.
The simple truth: Quick visual content trumps production value, and VSVs are the wave of the future in workplace communication.
The most effective videos are quick and to the point. The shorter the video—we suggest one minute, max—the more chance viewers will remain watching until the end.
3 Reasons VSVs are Easier than You Might Assume
- You don’t have to be a “techie” to produce great online video. Great video content has been produced from simple recording and editing software. You can also solicit help from outside firms specializing in video production.
- You don’t have to have a polished delivery. If your video feels too rehearsed, it loses authenticity in employees’ minds.
- Create a series of videos rather than a “one-hit wonder” that seems definitive. Successful videos build upon each other, following an ongoing content plan.
What to Make Videos About
Video lets employees view, see, and hear things not possible with other formats.
Remember: Like any relevant and compelling content you create for employees, a video is not about you, it’s about them. If your videos don’t meet the informational needs of the people watching them, they won’t be watched.
You can include …
- A series of tips and tricks for healthy living
- Short explanations of wellness program features
- Testimonials with employees using your wellness program successfully
- Short interviews with chefs and other inspiring members of your community
- Promotions of upcoming events
Let your imagination soar! And if you don’t want to produce videos yourself, you can benefit from the imagination of others by purchasing videos from dependable, reputable sources.
- Seeing is believing! Check out these award-winning one-minute videos produced by Hope Health. They’re available for purchase to help give a visual boost to your wellness programs.
FOR WELLNESS COMMITTEES:
- Check out FREE tips and insight anytime in our online Communication TrendSetters Library.
- Join the conversation by becoming friends with us on Facebook and posting your thoughts.
ALWAYS FREE AND TRUSTWORTHY
Hope Health believes in the power of free content with no strings attached. We don’t accept paid content or other advertising in this free editorial product, and we don’t require a sign-in to access it because we don’t sell your information.